Last year we showcased not only education buildings but bus stations, libraries, churches, crematoriums, cafes, museums, medical facilities, leisure centres, and offices and an air ambulance station. A wide range of Public Sector Buildings. Projects that you are part of!
So if you have a project that you are proud of and it received an element of public funding of you can submit a project to this year’s Awards and Yearbook.
Submissions are invited nationally and can include:
- New building and refurbishment projects across the public sector
- Buildings that add value to the communities they serve
- Buildings from all sectors of public construction
- Projects that demonstrate collaboration
- Projects that demonstrate Engineering excellence/ingenuity
- Surveying projects that renew embedded value
- Examples of construction team excellence
- Articles of interest on public sector buildings
Anyone can make a submission whether you are the client, architect, contractor, engineer, surveyor or project manager who feels there is merit in a particular building or project.
From these a shortlist will be made of those projects that are eligible to enter the Civic Building of the Year Awards.
- Schemes must have been completed and be operational between 1st October 2021 and 31st October 2022.
- They must also have received an element of public funding to aid their delivery.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions per client/organisation.
- It is free to submit your project.
- Anyone involved in the scheme can submit an application.
- In addition, you must upload a minimum of 3 photographs up to 5 photographs and up to 5 pieces of supporting documentation. (including site plan and floor plan(s) and can also include project data sheets, brochures, case studies, videos).
- See guidance note for further information. SPACES reserves the right to exclude projects that do not adhere to the guidance.
A shortlist of projects for the yearbook and awards will be produced during March 2023. Subsequent information and access for visits may be required. If SPACES does not receive a response within 6 weeks we reserve the right to remove the project from the yearbook and/or awards process.
Submission Deadline: Friday 17th February 2023.
For other ways to be involved with the awards and yearbook, please see the SPACES website.
If you have any questions, please contact us.