SPACES Study Day
Delivering Net Zero Carbon (NZC) is the biggest challenge we’ve ever faced, and if ever there was a time to pull together, share knowledge, experiences and network it must be now.
By learning from each other we can stand a chance of saving our planet and meeting NZC targets set by clients and government. So the focus of this event is very much about solutions and learning from actual projects.
On the mainstage we have:
- Keynote: Levelling Up, Net Zero and Essex: A National and Local Perspective. Tom Walker, Executive Director Economy, Investment and Public Health, Essex County Council
- Low Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI). Dr Joe Jack Williams, LETI Member and Associate and Passivhaus Consultant at Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- The power of people in the reduction of energy consumption: A case study . Dr Samantha Mudie, Head of Energy, University of Reading
With practical, thought provoking, breakouts/workshops interspersed throughout the day, including:
- DfE Standards and Guidance for Schools and Colleges: User feedback workshop for those involved in supporting new and existing education estates and developments. Jennifer Coldrick, Architect and Design Standards Lead, DfE
- Net Zero Starts with Cutting Energy Waste Jonathon Hunter Hill, Sector Manager Education, SAV Systems
- Passivhaus, a constructor’s perspective Matthew Ramplin, Barnes Construction.
- Radically reducing operational energy: Harris Academy Sutton. Christian Dimbleby, Associate and Chartered Engineer, Archtype
- Stourton Park & Ride – The first fully solar powered Park & Ride in the UK Nick Beckett, Associate Architect, NPS Leeds.
- Understanding the State of the Estate: Energy league tables and how to deliver low carbon retrofit. Michael Chater, Senior Architect and Colin Jackson, Senior Design Manager, Hampshire County Council
There will also be a roundtable discussion.
Ticket prices start at £50+VAT.
Supporting our Study Day will be a series of webinars.
Recently Dan Heffernan, Faithful+Gould and Sarah Cooper, Chapter One opened this year’s Study Day webinars with a presentation on Social Value, Technology and Good Practice. You can watch the video here.
Information on future webinars will be included on the SPACES calendar.
Recordings will be added to Study Day 2023 – The Public Sector Journey to Net Zero.