Friday 4th December 2020 @1.00pm
Simon Lindsay, Capital Efficiency and Capability Department, DfE will be covering their Good Estate Management for Schools (GEMS) resources, including what’s new in GEMS, new tools and checklists, and the benefits to schools.
For more information and to book see our website.
Tuesday 8th December 2020
Booking and further information will be available shortly on our website.
Webinars are free. For more information and to book your place see our events calendar. NB To receive the invite you must register through the SPACES website. Joining instructions, including the zoom link will be sent the day before.
Friday 6th November 2020 @1:00pm
There will be an online Engineering Technical Meeting. The chair for the meeting is Steve Rufus, Vice-President, SPACES and Head of Profession – Engineering.
The following technical matters are going to be discussed.
- Heat Pumps
- Wiring Regs
- Electrical Contractor Risk Based Assessment
- Zero Carbon
- The S-Curve project update
This meeting is open to all SPACES members, but will be of particular interest to engineers. Please let Fiona know if there is a technical matter that you wish to add to the agenda.
Technical meetings are free and are only for SPACES members. For more information and to book your place see our website. NB To receive the invite you must register through the SPACES website. Joining instructions, including the zoom link will be sent the day before.
NB Technical Meetings will not be videoed.
Other Public Sector Organisations
Tuesday 3rd November to Wednesday 11th of November
ACES, Association of senior Estate Surveyors and Property Managers, have a programme comprising of a series of nine one hour in length webinar sessions over a period of 7 working days. It is FREE to all ACES members as well as public sector colleagues with a gov.uk email address or equivalent.
The webinars are:
- Tuesday 03 November 2020, 4.00-5.00pm Public Sector Property in a Post-Covid World Sponsored by: Carter Jonas
- Wednesday 04 November 2020, 9.00-10.00am Recovery Through Regeneration Sponsored by: Avison Young
- Wednesday 04 November 2020, 4.00-5.00pm Decisive Action in an Environmental Emergency Sponsored by: Norse Group
- Thursday 05 November 2020, 12.00-1.00pm The Property Market: A tool for recovery Sponsored by: Pugh & Co
- Friday 06 November 2020, 9.00-10.00am Professional Perspectives
- Monday 09 November 2020, 4.00-5.00pm Right People, Right Place, Right Time
- Tuesday 10 November 2020, 9.00-10.00am What Next? Public Sector Property Investments
- Tuesday 10 November 2020, 12.00-1.00pm ACES: A 2020 Look at Local Challenges
- Wednesday 11 November 2020, 9.00-10.00am Providing Homes for All Sponsored by: BNP Paribas
For further information and to book your place see the ACES website. Opportunity to get involved
We are looking for volunteers to help with the judging of next year’s SPACES Awards. In particular we would like to offer the opportunity to graduates from member organisations to visit buildings with a senior judge. For more information, please see the attached letter from James Bourne, Chair SPACES Awards and Yearbook. If you or your colleague would like to be involved, please email Fiona.
Summary of what’s been happening
Latest CROSS (Confidential Reporting on Structural Safety) newsletter is now available, includes:
- Update on draft Safety Bill
- Outdoor video screens
- RAAC planks update
- Weld de-specification
- Fire in multi-storey car parks
- Swimming pool ceiling collapses
- Inadequate punching shear reinforcement
- Execution not matching design assumptions
- Workmanship in domestic buildings
On 14th October, the DfE have published their updated version of the Good Estate Management for Schools.
Don’t forget to book your place at the GEMS webinar on Friday 4th December 2020.