The majority of SPACES member’s membership is up for renewal. The rates are:
|Membership Type||Cost (exc VAT)|
|Organisation membership (for 1 nominated person)||£99.00|
|Organisation membership (for up to 3 nominated people)1||£150.00|
|Organisation membership (for up to 6 nominated people)1||£200.00|
|Additional Nominated people (in addition to 6 nominated people)1||£15.00 – £17.00|
|Organisation membership (multiple offices) up to 3 nominated people in 4 offices||£450.00|
|Corporate (unlimited number of members)5||£3,000|
- This is for members in the same office
- These rates are subject to an additional delegate’s fee for meetings
- This rate is only available on request to the SPACES Manager
- Honorary Membership will continue for existing Honorary Members of all societies.
- Please contact us for more information.
If you wish to pay via BACs or cheque and require an invoice to be emailed to you the majority of accounts departments require a Purchase Order number on the invoice, so please make sure that you include the purchase order number or confirmation that one is not required, otherwise we will be unable to process your request.
Awards and Yearbook
The SPACES Annual Awards Ceremony 2018 which also incorporates the 16th Civic Building of the Year Awards, sponsored by Thorlux Lighting, was held on Thursday 11th October at the Hilton City Centre Cambridge.
Further information (including photos) can be found here. All members and applicants should have received a yearbook, please let me know if you have yet to receive. You can download a copy from our website.
Upcoming SPACES Meetings
Topics to include
- Vince Jubb, EFA is giving an update on their Condition Survey programme, and
- PAGABO will be presenting on their Framework and some of the innovation therein.
If you are interested in attending, please email Nick Jakes asap.
There will be an Technical Meeting jointly held with CIBSE HCNE at The Counting House on Tuesday 4th December 2018, followed by Christmas Lunch.
In the morning there will be two presentations:
- New version of BB101 – Guidelines on Ventilation, thermal comfort, and indoor air quality for school buildings, Richard Daniels, Environmental Engineer, Department for Education
- AK Connect BMS System Prototype, Bere Regis Primary School. Winner of the Innovation Category, SPACES Awards, Steve Rufus, Dorset County Council
You can download a draft copy of the agenda.
As this is the Christmas meeting, the meeting will be followed by a two course Christmas Lunch.
Attendance at the meeting is free but if you want to stay for lunch there is a charge (non-refundable) from £5 for full members to £35 non-members. A copy of the menu is available here.
You can book you place, chose your options or send your apologies on our website. Please note there are limited places and this is being circulated to CIBSE as well, so please do not delay booking your place.
General – If any members wishes to give a presentation on their work either at a technical meeting or a hub, then please do not hesitate to contact Fiona who can put you in touch with the right person.
Study Day 2019
The provisional date for next year’s Study Day is Thursday 20th June and will be held at De Montfort University, Leicester. The theme is Education. Further information to follow shortly.
You can find up to date news on SPACES and its events at the following locations:
You can download copies of the technical presentations from the AGM at
- Soft Landings for Public Sector – why we need it and how to do it – Mike Chater, Hants CC
- SEN School Design – what’s working and what’s not – Mark Pratt, MACE
- New version of BB101 – “Guidelines on Ventilation, thermal comfort, and indoor air quality for school Buildings” (BB101 launched at the end of August) – Richard Daniels, Dept for Education
Creating A Cable Pathway Through A Building, IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition – Fire Safety, Containers And Cables
Venue: WSP House, 70 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1AF
Speakers on the evening:
Matt Crunden -Training and BIM Manager – Legrand
Paul Martin- Business Development Manager – Legrand