Tickets are now available!
SPACES are delighted to return to De Montfort University on Thursday 23rd June 2022 for our national Study Day.
This year’s theme is Net Zero Carbon – Building Resilience. It is the biggest challenge we’ve ever faced, and if ever there was a time to pull together, share knowledge, experiences and network it must be now. As always, we will be offering a variety of sessions looking at what others are doing on their Net Zero Carbon (NZC) journey.
Our Keynote is Lord Rupert Redesdale, Member of the House of Lords, and the CEO of the Energy Managers Association (EMA), Carbon Management Association (CMA) and Low Energy Company (LEC).
Also on the main stage Patrick Brown, Head of Sustainable Construction Delivery, Edinburgh City Council will be presenting on Edinburgh City’s continuing journey to Zero Carbon. And in the afternoon an interactive roundtable discussion, facilitated by Alex Gee, Norse Group.
As normal we will have a wide range of presentations, workshops and case studies including:
- Building and living in a passivhaus – John Thornberry, Pick Everard
- Creating a low carbon skills economy – Marina Robertson, Norse Group
- Decarbonisation, net zero and funding sources – David Gilbey or Mark Postill, Faithful+Gould
- Decarbonising heating and use of heat pumps – Dr Andrew Wright and Prof Raffaella Villa, DMU
- Identifying energy and carbon savings in flat roof refurbishment projects – Tom Raftery, Product manager – Solar PV / Environment Lead, Bauder Roofing
- MMC and achieving low carbon outcomes – Raynee De Zoysa, Strategic Growth Manager, Collida
- Radically reducing operational energy: Harris Academy Sutton – Christian Dimbleby, Associate, Architect & Chartered Engineer, Architype
- Schools and ventilation – Hershil Patel, Head of Energy, Department for Education and Henry Burridge, Senior Lecturer in Fluid Mechanics, Imperial College.
With more still to be announced.
There will be lots of opportunities to network both during the day and the evening before.
The programme and times are available here.
Tickets are now available on our website:
- LA/Gov Ticket (with a .gov.uk email address) – £100+VAT (£120)
- Member Ticket – £125+VAT (£150)
- Retired Member Ticket – £50+VAT (£60)
- Non member Ticket – £250+VAT (£300)
- DMU Staff and Students (with a @dmu.ac.uk email address – limited number available) are free
- LA/Gov/Retired Member Ticket – £20+VAT (£24)
- Member Ticket – £25+VAT (£30)
- Non-Member Ticket – £30+VAT (£36)