Book your place at the Study Day here.
There is still time to get the early bird rate for the SPACES Study Day with the deadline extended until Thursday 7th June. Prices £75+VAT, for public sector, £100+VAT for members and £150+VAT for non-members.
Information about the day, including draft programme, information on presentations and presenters, and Thursday’s tour of Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD) has been added to the website.
After last year’s extremely successful sell out event, this year’s study day theme is ‘Collaboration in the Public Sector’. Throughout the day we will explore the relevance and importance of ‘Collaborative Working’ and how it enables all parties involved on a project to efficiently and effectively deliver client outcomes, including value for money. Supported by key speakers/organisations and case studies, the day will explore the theme from different perspectives.
The SPACES Study Day 2018 will be hosted by Mike Shaw, President of SPACES and Professor Tom Jefferies, Head of Manchester School of Architecture at the Manchester School of Architecture on Friday 15th June.
The Keynote presentation will be given by Robin Tuddenham, Chief Executive Calderdale Council on behalf of SOLACE Society of Local Authority Chief Executives.
There will also be presentations from
Cabinet Office Alex Lubbock, Head of Digital Construction, Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) on Collaboration and Infrastructure.
Ministry of Justice Anna Evans, PETP Construction Programme Director, Ministry of Justice UK, and Bryden Wood Jaimie Johnston, Director and Head of Global Systems on How R&D impacts through platforms across building types
A debate on How School Buildings Perform, will be led by Ann Bodkin, Head of Design and Specification, Education and Skills Funding Agency and Vice-Chair of the CIBSE School Design Group, with a panel including Sarah Morris, Interim Director, Property, Commissioning, Communities and Policy, Derbyshire County Council and former President of SCALA and SPACES, Joe Jack Williams, Researcher, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios.
The day will be interspersed with workshops from:
- Microsoft Teamwork with Microsoft 365, Levente Nagy, Product Marketing Manager for Microsoft 365 Customer Success,
- Haverstock Designing for the Police: collaborative working and PFI, Claire Barton, Partner and Kate McGechan, Senior Architect
- BSI BS11000 – The Collaboration British Standard, Kieran Parkinson
- Faithful+Gould Collaboration of Conservation Buildings, Richard Stocking
- Faulkner Brown The Word, a case study in collaborative design (winner of last year’s Civic Building of the Year), Steve McIntyre
- MACE The Grenfell replacement school replaced in nine weeks, James Mangat
- IES Updates on policy and building performance codes; Part L, BB101, BREEAM and more, Dr. Naghman Khan, Business Development Manager
- Atkins member of the SNC-Lavalin Group Discussion around modular construction, James Bourne, Operations Director
- Rock Townsend Holy Trinity School and Residential project – innovative learning and living solution for the 21st Century city, Mark Gabbey, Partner
- Pick Everard Objective Collaboration – Alliancing Gary Buick, Director and Andrew Almond, Partner,
- Willmott Dixon Manchester University Collaboration Project – A dissection of the approach and relationships between the Client, Design Team and Contractor, Simon Atkinson and Phil Young.
Summing up for the Day will be from Andrew Rowe, Vice-President of SPACES.
As well as opportunities to network and discuss with colleagues from both public and private sector and across the UK.
Sponsors for the day are:
The cost for tickets are:
|Type||Early Bird||Cost after 7th June|
|Public Sector (Local Authority/Government)||£75.00+VAT||£85.00+VAT|
|Members (non public sector)||£100+VAT||£150+VAT|
|Non members (non public sector)||£150+VAT||£200+VAT|
|Pre Study Day meal (public sector)||£25+VAT||£25+VAT|
|Pre Study Day meal (non public sector)||£33.33+VAT||£33.33+VAT|
Tickets for retired members are available on request from the SPACES Manager.
Book your place at the Study Day here.